Favorite Quote's about Children...

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

Monday, August 15, 2011

Favorite Quote About Children....

"A person's a person, no matter how small"
By Dr. Seuss


This is and has been one of my favorite quotes for a long time. In just a few words so much is said. If you just sit and think about the many different meanings that this quote can have it can be mind boggling. What it makes me think of is that children need to be respected and treated like a person, like they have value no matter how old they are. It means that children should never be treated like property, or treated like they do not have feelings or an opinion, or even like they don't matter. Children should be lifted up and treated like the miracle that they are, and should be given the best opportunities possible, and loved like they should be.

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny! I love that quote too! I uploaded a picture with that quote on my blog. I have truly enjoyed following your blog this semester and learning with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to comment on your blog very often because we are in different time zones, and I go to bed early. I did want you to know that I appreciate your comments on your blog as well as on the weekly discussion questions. You obviously love young children and enjoy working with them. Thanks for all your hard work and good luck as you continue your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a great quote and how true we are all people no matter our experiences or actions. We all may be different but we are all the same at the same time. Thanks for everything its been a joy learning from you in the class. Best wishes and good luck!

    ReplyDelete