Favorite Quote's about Children...

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My All Time Favorite Children's Book.....



 I have always enjoyed books by Dr. Seuss, but Green Eggs and Ham has always been my favorite. I enjoy the rhyming words, the persistance, then at the end the willingness to try something new and actually LIKING it. The illustrations in this book are well done, and there are many activities that can be done along with this book to encourage literacy and a love for books.

3 comments:

  1. I also love this book! This was one of my favorite time of the year while teaching also. I loved reading these book and the kids looked forward to the green eggs and ham breakfast. My own children had green eggs this past year! They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this book! Dr. Seuss week was one of my favorite weeks while teaching. These books are great at teaching new words. My students loved the rhyming books and the green eggs breakfast! My own kids actually loved the green eggs that I made them this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! My kids enjoyed making green eggs and hams for Dr. Seuss birthday this year. Dr. Seuss books help my kids with their reading so much because of the rhyming, illustration, and repetition.

    ReplyDelete