Favorite Quote's about Children...

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Research Project....

I am supposed to use this first blog of my current class to disclose the topic I have chosen to research during the remainder of this class. Unfortunately I have yet to choose a topic. I am having a great amount of difficulty is narrowing my ideas down to a topic that I can successfully research for this class. My first thought was to research children with emotional disorders and the difference in their successfulness if they get diagnosed and treated early or later in childhood. This obviously is too broad and would be difficult to research. Now I am leaning more toward a topic that would show if children who attend preschool are more successful in kindergarten than children who do not attend preschool. Choosing a topic for this class is proving to be very difficult for me. At this point I am open to suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Janell, I feel your pain! This is quite challenging! I think it would be very interesting to analyze the variance of children's academic/social success between those who attended preschool and those who did not. You could interview kindergarten teachers from a couple of different schools, observe in their classrooms (when school starts) and maybe even look at the different types of programs the children did attend.
    I think you are on a good track... don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janell, the story is the same with me. At the moment it is very challenging to narrow down my thoughts and interest to one specific question but hopefully, with more time and questioning, I should get there. Don't give up on your passion yet, the purpose of this course is to train us in this difficult terrain which eventually we will find useful as time goes on. Emotional disorders are real and prevalent, you can pick a specific disorder to ask further questions, which can lead you to narrow down the answers. I wish you luck, as you continue to hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janell, i think that what make a great topic that's what is hot in the gov. right know. are children who attend day care or preschool better prepared that those who don't.

    ReplyDelete