Favorite Quote's about Children...

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

Sunday, January 15, 2012

How play encourages an understanding of mathematical concepts



I have narrowed my topic down to researching how play encourages an understanding of mathematical concepts. I chose this because the topic of play, and how children learn from it is very interesting to me. I enjoy working with young children and feel that they learn the best when they learn through play. Children learn many things when they learn though play, but I find that many of the families often want to know how they are learning the basic subjects when they play. I as an early childhood professional that they are learning all of the foundational skills when they play, and would like to understand better how they learn the mathematical concepts so that I can better explain this to parents. 


Through our assignments this week I better understand all of the steps that I will need to go though in order to research my topic. I am still gathering resources for my research and would like any recommended sites to be sent to me in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. As I have mentioned before, this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. Let me know if you have any trouble finding research material and need some links etc.... I have so much that it would not fit in this section but can certainly email them to you little by little. :)

    Great topic! Great post! I wish luck with your research!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete