Favorite Quote's about Children...

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sharing Web Resources...Looking Deeper at Zero To Three



After taking a closer look at the Zero to Three website I discovered a great deal of information on challenging behaviors. This is something that I am very interested in as I have a child with challenging behaviors, as well as many that i work with on a daily basis. I found this information under the behavior and development tab. Once that tab was opened it listed several different links that would give specific information on different types of behaviors and development. I chose the challenging behaviors link.

This opened up a page that gave some helpful information on what challenging behaviors are and gave a list of the most common behaviors that are categorized as challenging. They were aggression, defiance, inconsolable crying, children who are slow-to-warm-up, and sleep challenges. It also stated that no two children are alike and the same strategies are not always successful. At the bottom of this page there were links to a question and answer page as well as to a challenging behavior tips and tools page.

The question and answer link goes to a page that lists several questions that parents and caregivers have asked concerning behaviors that they have experienced. It also gives professional answers and insights into the behaviors that the caregivers are experiencing. Reading through these questions and answers i find the information to be very helpful, positive, and informative.

The Challenging Behaviors Tips and Tools link leads to a page that lists many different behaviors with links that can be opened. This page contains information on biting, sleep challenges, aggressive behaviors, colic, self control, and defiance. Many of the links include printable handouts.

Every time i research this website I find more and more useful information. I found many resources that i will print out and share with many of the families I work with. I also found some information that i will use for myself as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janelle --

    Thanks for the information that you found as you were digging around in the Challenging Behaviors area of Zero to Three. This is the same professional website that I chose to investigate during our Issues class, and I have found that others who are blogging about it generally are looking at different things than I am. That's because they have such a wealth of information! Just as you concluded here, every time I look through it I also find more information to answer just about any question that parents or educators might have about this critical age of growth and development. Thanks for the info that you provided!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle- Zero to Three is a great resource, thank you for keeping us updated on their tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to find a resource that is helpful not only professionally but personally. The two websites that I have been researching NACCRRA and PreKnow has helped me realize that becoming an advocate for children and the importance of having not only all children but my own children attend a preschool, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten program. Thank you for sharing your post!

    ReplyDelete