Favorite Quote's about Children...

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Supports

The definition of support that i am choosing to use is from thefreedictionary.com. It states that support means to hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping. I have many supports that assist me daily throughout all of the things i do. 


The first type of support is mainly for emotional and social support. I receive most of my support from my husband, but also receive support from my children and other close family members. I also have friends that support me when i need it. They support me by helping me complete my daily tasks, by being there for me emotionally when i am struggling, and by listening when i need to talk. 


The next type of support that i receive is from the electronics that i use to complete my many activities. I use my phone to keep in contact with the people that support me. I also use my phone as an alarm clock so that i am on time to the many commitments that i have. I use my computer to complete my education, get my homework done, and keep in contact with loved ones. I also use it as a source of information for the things that i need to find out.


Another type of support that i receive is by the appliances that i use. My stove helps me to cook so that i can provide food for myself as well as my husband and children. My washing machine helps me to wash clothes in a timely manor so that i may have more time to spend with my husband and children. I also use my vehicle to transport me to places quickly so that i may accomplish the many things that are on my to do list.


These are definitely not all of my supports, but the ones that quickly come to mind. I am used to having things that support me in my life and daily activities. Without these things i would have to learn to do things differently and my life would be drastically different than it is currently. I would be lost without my cell phone as i am sure many of us would also be. I use it to keep in touch with people, but also to schedule activities, and wake me up in the morning. I know there would be ways of going through life without of these things, but i like to have all of the things that support me.



No comments:

Post a Comment